Monday, January 25, 2010

Cooking

Well, I cooked my first full meal since Tony passed. I had Chad, Sethena, and Makenzie over for Lemon Chicken. As I pulled out the recipe, I had noted on it "make again-Tony love it!". I couldn't help, but smile when I read that. I loved cooking for Tony. I know that sounds so old school and 1950's housewife-ish, but it was true. I loved the way he would rave about the things that I made, brag to his friends that they had to try some of this or that that I made, and always compliment me on how great everything turned out.Then he would usually always smile and throw in a few "I am so luckys" with his cute grin on his face. He even prided himself on becoming my "sou-chef" and "master chopper" in preparing meals. We spent some great times together in the kitchen...Last night as I was cooking, before my guests arrived I felt like Tony was beside me as I was prepping the food. It may make me sound nutty, but I don't care it was a good feeling:-)

2 comments:

  1. Not at all nutty, I got goosebumps. That was just a gentle reminder from him, wrapping his arms around you. I'm telling you little things like this have happened to my mom or me or John since my dad passed -- we'll randomly find an old note from him or a picture that wasn't there last time we looked in the same place. And it totally warms the heart and soul! What a great way to start your week and your return to your cooking:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're nutty, then so am I. I told Christy on Christmas day that I felt like my mom was with me all morning in the kitchen as I prepared the turkey and the rest of the meal. It was a peaceful, reassuring feeling. There are some things beyond explaining.
    Thinking of you often, Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete